Summer Style: Kaftan Chic.


Flower print "Roberto Cavalli" Silk Chiffon kaftan


Summer is as good reason as any to look fabulous, whether with a full-on bright look or with a bold accessory. Go for the coveted sun-kissed, vivid summer look with a stylish kaftan, that will brighten your look and cheer up your wardrobe. 


Stylish kaftans are not just for the beach, they make perfect evening wear, loungewear and sleepwear because they are so loose and comfortable, and are so easy to just slip on over your head. They especially look beautiful over bikinis, or dressed up with jeans. This is a great look that goes well with bedazzled heels, flip flops, sandals, or just barefeet.


Marchesa Silk-chiffon embroidered kaftan

Naeem Khan beaded kaftan




Are you a kaftan lover????? They are so many takes on this classic style and with a rich, international history, here's is a bit of background on the kaftan. 



Origins of the Kaftan

Way before the likes of Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly wore kaftans, Sultans in the Ottoman Empire (modern Turkey) wore them in colorful patterns and gave them as gifts to important visitors. This was about 700 years ago, and through the centuries, different versions of the kaftan became popular in Morocco, Italy, China, Russia, and Southeast Asia. Pretty much every region of the world has its own version.



Roberto Cavalli Silk Chiffon kaftan



I think I'll be seeing you in this look for this summer, am I right?


Cheers my sweeties.


xx







Comments

  1. So lovely I love the first two and the last one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Your comment on my blog about shorts made go: Eh,...shorts?!
    hahaha, sweet Lisa, my thighs are so wobbly, no way I will show them on the beach! This made me laugh, thanks, needed a chuckle, thanks for reading along!
    and those kaftans I like, nice cover up for,
    night night!
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a caftan fan. Have been living in my Natori tropical patterned silky piece most evenings at home. Makes me feel glamorous while curled up on my own sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kaftans for the summer they are always so vibrant and bright. but I really love the Roberto Cavalli Silk Chiffon kaftan omg thats amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presenting breezy Beach Kaftan Dresses from Indianbeautifulart. Take your pick from a variety of fabrics, designs and colors to attain a fashionable streak in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts