Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls. Sunday Breakfast.

.
Aren't they cute?  They were very, very good.  It's the whole egg and the toast combo all together in one nice package.
These are so easy to make and wouldn't they be splendid on a brunch buffet table?  The best part, you can easily make two, ten, a hundred, whatever your needs are at the moment. 
I think there are a lot of variations you could do nicely with this recipe, such as, swap out the Parmesan cheese with grated Gruyere or crumbled blue cheese to give a different taste.  Use feta and substitute oregano for the other herbs for a Greek flavor.
I used sourdough but I think this would also be nice with onion or brioche rolls as long as they are sturdy.
Any way you put these together, they will be great.



Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg.

Arrange rolls on a baking sheet.  Reserve tops.  Crack an egg into each roll.

Top each egg with some herbs and a bit of cream.  Season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until eggs are set and bread is toasted 20 to 25 minutes.  After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown.  Let sit 5 minutes.


 Place tops on rolls and serve warm.


Eat with a knife and fork.
Thanks to Cathy for all her  great ideas. Much Love to everyone,...have a great Sunday.

Comments

  1. Hey Lisa :0)

    Cute food - ready to be eaten hehe....I think I'm going to get somewhere and make myself a hotdog, I don't even have the ingredients (nor feel like going out in the clouds and rain today) to get it...SIGH....I'm still taking down the recipe :) Hope your day is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks delicious and so easy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good. I'm Italian so I'm used to eating the Italian bread with the hole & then you put the egg in the middle but these look more yummy & easier!!! Cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts