Interview by HER. (A Featured Blogger Series).


When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in August of 2005.  My son and two of my daughter in laws were blogging and it looked like fun.  I never thought anyone would actually read my blog, but I thought it would be a fun way to journal. 
What are some of the lessons you have learned since.
That bloggers are so different, yet very alike too.   I love getting to know people from all across the country and around the world.  I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few of my blog friends in person and it never fails to amaze me that every.single.one of them is exactly how they portray themselves on their blog.  That's refreshing!




What inspires you to blog??? .



Life.  It's always fun to look back over my blog and see just how blessed I am.  Sometimes my days are exciting and some are spent just doing things I love like taking a bike ride along the beach or playing tennis with friends.  No matter what I do, cancer has taught me that life is beautiful and precious.
  
What was the most inspiring thing you've read recently.
 
THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett.  It is set in Mississippi during the 1960s.  A society girl returns from college determined to become a writer and turns her friends' lives and a small Mississippi town upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families.   I loved this book and didn't want to put it down.  Each character in this book wormed their way into my heart.

What has been your fave post?
Probably this one, for no special reason other than it shows how I love where I live.
 http://justabeachkat.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-heaven.html

Who are your style or inspirational icons and why?

I admire the style and beauty of Ashley Judd, but living in a very casual beach setting makes my style a very easy one.  Most days I literally go from pjs to my tennis shirt and then I slip into a sundress and flip flops or sandals after I shower.  We rarely have to "dress up" and I love it!

Who are some of your fave blogs?
    Gosh I have so many, but here's two that always makes me happy:
Enjoying The Small Things - http://www.kellehampton.com
     Simple Daisy - http://simpledaisy.blogspot.com/
 
 
Daisy Cottage - http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/daisy_cottage

Where do you see your self in 5 years. 

Hopefully still living on the beach, staying active with tennis and bike riding and doing more traveling. I would love to return to Italy.
 
I Am...
 Happy,
  a Cancer Survivor
  Wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend.
 
Thank you so much Kathy, I look forward to reading more of your blog in the future. Check out Kathy's blog here and be sure to leave inspired. Love Lisa.



Comments

  1. beautiful feature, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! It is a honor to be featured on your beautiful blog!

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((Kat)))))

    Thank you so so much! YOU are ALWAYS a joy to share with and such a light in our lives. You bring beauty and warmth to our blogging community in such a beautiful and inspiring way. Thank you Lisa for sharing Kat with everyone!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Kat!! I just know if and when we meet in real life you will be exactly like I imagine you are from your blog!! Sweet nice and so very kind....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful interview with my angel sissy!!! Needless to say, I love her very much. She really is just how she is portrayed on her blog. Great friend, loving wife, mother and grandmother and a very special sister!!! Thank you for letting everyone else see this too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for featuring Kat! I enjoy her blog and this interview is her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful interview! There is just something special about Kat that people just adore which makes them a fan of her blog.

    Lori
    (Lmsbartow)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great interview with Kat. She is one of my favorite blog friends and we are both cancer survivors. I hope we get to meet each other one day. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm reading the Help right now, and I'm loving you!

    I'm following you from from the blog hop! Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found Kat's blog before I started my own, and it has become my 'go to' because she's such fun. Always doing something that makes me smile; just like everyone in the pictures she takes. :) I'm glad to count her as one of my friends. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kat is so classy and down-to-earth at the same time! Her smile always makes one of my own!

    KJ
    SoCal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kat is such an inspiration to all. Love her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had the pleasure of meeting Kat in person!!
    She's just the nicest, kindest and most fun person you ever want to meet!! the time flew to quickly, but that's what happens when you are having fun.
    She is an inspiration to me with her wit, charm and saucy attitude..Always ready to help a fellow blogger anyway she can..
    I adopted her as MY "sister of the heart and sea"
    Each time I return home to Florida, we have a standing date for a fun filled afternoon!!
    Thanks for featuring Kat in this beautiful interview!
    love you Kat!
    warm sandy hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed my visit to your blog. Kat is such a sweetie!!!

    Julie
    www.equusvilla.blogspot.com
    www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for following me, returning the follow. I would love to live on the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *thanks for sharing* your newest blog hop follower. happy thursday. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

    http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

    lots of FUN giveaways... come by and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! What a great blog and fun post! I am a new follower! Hope you will visit us back at:
    Just Married with Coupons

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a new follower, http://maospoetry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like why you blog...LIFE, you are so VERY right, life is inspiring and very very precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay! I'm your 150 follower! thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts