Breakfast Cereal with Fruit
Developing healthy habits can be overwhelming if you do not know where to start. A lot of people fail at healthy living simply because they try too many things at the same time and they end up not sticking to anything. They get back to their double cheeseburgers and “exciting” evenings in front of the TV and keep getting bigger as their health problems increase.
Developing healthy habits that stick is not that complicated if you choose the simple ones and progress slowly. Here are a few healthy eating habits that you can choose from.
- Always eat a big breakfast.
- Add 1/2 cup of fruits to your breakfast.
- Drink 8 glasses of water and carry a bottle of water with you all the time.
- Start a food diary and track how much you are actually eating. The general guidelines are 1600 calories for women and 2200 for men (active people would obviously need more).
- Substitute fresh and dried fruits and berries for candies and granola bar.
- Eat fish on most days of the week. Choose fatty fish like salmon, herring and trout as often as possible.
- Eat only whole grain cereal. Look for at least 3 g of fiber and not more than 10g of sugar in one serving
- Add walnuts to your breakfast or salad to increase your omega-3 consumption.
- Add sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts to your meals to increase your vitamin E consumption.
- Eat red meat once a week or less.
- Choose only lean meat and poultry.
- Do not fry shrimp or any other shellfish. Grill, boil or bake it to reduce cholesterol.
- Eat fresh fruits as snacks between meals.
- Eat at least one apple daily.
Salmon with Creamy Leeks
Have a great start to your week everyone. Love to all my followers.