Hello my Lovelies, I am sharing this little recipe I found and I'm going to try this weekend. This morning we had an earth tremor, not sure if they will be more today but we are currently having a tsunami warning in effect at the moment. It's scary when you think about it, so this morning I walked through a little drill with the kids. If you saw their little eyes, when I told them to stand in doorways and not under a table, they looked at me like I was crazy. Let's hope for no more excitement in our tectonic plates.
Anyway, this weekend will be a time to kick back and relax and enjoy a break from the work week... so these light and fluffy pancakes are just great for a Sunday morning, served with a fresh strawberry compote, or as they are.
Recipe: Lemon Souffle Pancakes
3/4 cup Buttermilk (I used normal milk)
2 Egg yolks
3 tsp Grated Lemon zest
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
25g Butter (melted)
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3 tbsp Castor sugar
A pinch Salt
2 Egg whites
1 tbsp Honey
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Mix egg yolks, milk, vanilla essence, lemon juice and lemon zest together in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix well.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in (1) gradually and mix flour with milk mixture until the dry ingredients are moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
3. Place egg white in a clean bowl and beat until soft peaks are formed. Fold in egg white into (2).
4. Melt a small portion of butter in a heated non-stick frying pan. Place 2 tbsp of the batter from (3) into the pan. Cook until the cake turns golden brown on the underside and looking dry on the edges. Flip over and continue to cook the other side. transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking remaining batter.
5. Toss fresh strawberries with honey and a light dusting of icing sugar. Dust pancakes with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Cheers Lisa. x