happy sunday and reading anyone?


Hello everyone, if you a reader like me, then this post is for you. Sundays is just one of those days to kick and spend time reading, if you anywhere in my neck of the woods, then head to the beach.
So here are two books I recently purchased, that you might like to checkout. Be sure to let me know what you think. Take care and stay tuned for more lovely post this week.


A WINE MISCELLANY
 A Jaunt Through the Whimsical World of Wine.

This is a light-hearted read yet extremely informative little book about wine - is well structured, compiled, and divided up into short little nuggets of facts about wine as well as stories ranging from the history of the famed most expensive of Bordeaux, Madeiras, etc. to what kind of wine was featured in James Bond films. 

Also learn the Parker point grading system which rates wines to why you should drink two glasses of wine daily. Checkout the recipe for Marijuana wine (shushhh!!). Looking for a restaurant that has the largest wine list, believe it or not it's a steak house in Florida that boast of over 6,500 or so labels. A Wine Miscellany is not just for serious wine collectors, but can be a great gift for a hostess or a good friend on any occasion.



Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: 
Business Sense & Sensibility

Mireille Guiliano author of the bestselling book "French Women Don't Get Fat" and "French Women for All Seasons" comes an insightful guide to navigating the working world, living the good life, and savoring every minute of it. 

Trust me in someways we feel stuck or in a rut in out careers or we want to try something new but are not sure how to move to the next step. Then Mireille's book is for you. I love her no-nonsense way of writing and allowing you the reader to draw from her personal experiences as once senior executive and spokesperson for Veuve Clicquot Champagne.

With lively lessons, stories, and helpful hints, she teaches every reader how to identify her own passions and talents, improve her communication skills, balance work and life, turn herself into a winning brand, and so much more.

From acing a job interview or performance review to hosting a dinner party, Mireille shares her secrets for feeling good, facing challenges, getting ahead, and maximizing pleasure at every opportunity. Checkout her online business forum  here.



images and text via. Amazon, Mireille Guiliano.



Cheers Lisa. x



Comments

  1. I haven't read any of those, but thank you for advice. The second book is something what I would love to read! I would try to find it in the local book stores)
    Wish you a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a similar to the second book - “Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris” by Jennifer L. Scott - it's a fun read and I'm enjoying learning to live life with a better idea of passion! Enjoying the little things from a good bite of cheese to family. I'm going to check out your recommendations - inspiring me as usual! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've not read either, but would love to check out the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these great reviews. Although I think the hubs would really love that first book because he's such a huge wine fan, he's really bad about reading things, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two helpful reviews. I agree that Sunday is the perfect day to relax with a good book and these two look very promising - good for holiday reads too.
    PS Thank you very much for deciding to follow my blog.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review!! I don't drink wine (lol!!), but the 2nd book is defo something i need. I feel like i need a change and a lil boost concerning my career. Thanks for sharing Lisa and hope you're doing fine.
    *Have a great day!! :-)*

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like two awesome reads! Thank you so much Lisa for the sweet birthday wishes. ((hug))
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super reviews doll, I will have to check these out as I am in need of some new books. I hope you have a gorgeous weekend lovely...Kizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice selections; with such a busy schedule as mine, there is hardly time left for reading a good book. I'll have to work on it...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa! the Mireille book looks like a good read ....will have to check it out. I'm waiting on your oscar fashion review.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts